Sunday, May 17, 2009

Basket #1

We had the best of intentions to take a family field trip to pick up our first market basket this morning, but alas it just wasn't meant to be. The babies were up, as usual, before dawn and starving. By the time their next meal rolled around it became clear that we weren't going to be able to finish feeding them, clean them up, change them, get dressed ourselves, pack their bag, pack the car, put them in their carseats and drive to Hyde Park. I'm tired just thinking about it. So since he was already dressed Peter headed out to retrieve the first week of produce. 

He just arrived back home and everything looks beautiful. A pint of strawberries, a bunch of radishes, two bags of lettuce, a big bunch of green onions, a dozen fresh eggs and something that I'm pretty sure is bok choy. I really wasn't sure what to expect as far as quantity went, and I was maybe a little disappointed there wasn't more overall, but maybe that will change as the growing season continues. And I'll also admit that I'm less than thrilled with the bok choy, especially because something prickly got me as soon as i attempted to pick it up.

And now what should I make? I'm thinking about an omelette or quiche with the green onions, a nice salad with the radishes, and maybe a strawberry tart. I'll update later this week and share the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment